Friday, May 2, 2014

Tips and Tricks for Long Lasting Makeup

One of my concerns with wearing makeup is making it last all day. Over the years I've learned some tips and found products that will help! Since it's Prom and will be wedding season I thought this would be helpful.

First Step: 
Start with a clean and moisturized face. If you will be using your hands or fingers while applying have clean hands as well. Like an art you want to start with the most ideal canvas. Find the best cleanser and oil free mositerizer that best suits your skin. 

Second Step: 
Find a good primer. I've only experimented with a few primers. There are some high end primers that will do wonders but my favorite drug store primer is a Nyx primer. It's inexpensive and definitely helps keep my makeup on and looking fresh. There are primers for mattefying, oily skin, and pore minimizers. Just find one that suits your needs and preferably long lasting.

Third Step: 
Find a good liquid foundation. Just like finding a good cleanser you need to find a good foundation that not only suits your skin tone but your skin type. If you have oily skin look for foundations for oily skin etc. Look for products that stay things like long lasting or 24 hrs. Here are a couple of my favorite. 


Fourth Step:
Set your foundation with a powder. I think if you have a good liquid foundation the quality of the powder isn't as important. Thats just my opinion. If your looking for something that will last hours try to find something that has matte finish, this will help you from getting shiney or oily. Here is my favorite.

Fifth Step:
Invest in a setting spray. This will definetly help keep your makeup in place while you dance the night away. It will helpwith  smudging and fading. Here is my favorite. 


Here are a couple other products and tips to help your makeup stay put! 
When choosing any products look for things that say waterproof or long lasting. Avoid anything oily. 

When applying eyeshadow use either an eye primer or a cream based shadow first. This is my favorite product to use either by itself or under whatever colors you want. When it says 24 hrs it means it! I struggled with oily eye lids and creased eyeshadow for the longest time until I discovered this trick. Here is what I've used. 


Use waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Whether your sweating on the dance floor, tearing up at a wedding, or you just have watery eyes this tip is a life saver. The last thing you want is raccoon eyes or a mascara washed face. 

Bring a blotting powder with you. It could be the powder you used to set your liquid foundation or a powder specifically used for blotting. 

To have longer lasting lipstick use lip liner on your whole lip instead of just the outline. I now this May sound strange but liner naturally last longer. Find a liner close to your lips stick and cover those lips. 

And last this is just a general tip. If your are going to be attending any even that involves pictures don't forget your neck! Apply your foundation not only on your face but also down your neck. You don't want to look like you're caked on (even if you are) 








No comments:

Post a Comment