Anyways I did some experimenting with how to get the little bit of useless wax out of the glass container. First I tried adding boiling water.
And it did work.. Kinda. You could see the wax was lifting and moving to the top of the water. It just wasn't enough, it didn't free all of the wax before the water started to return to room temperature.
So I tried another method. I put the candle in the freezer for an hour and a half or two hours I can't really remember and this worked much better. When I removed the candle from the freezer the wax had shrunk in size. Just enough so it wasn't touching the sides of the glass any more.
So I took a knife and ran it around the outside of the wax to make sure the sides were free and the started to chop the wax into pieces so it would detach from the glass completely.
Now I have the perfect glass container to put my makeup brushes in!