Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our Story


I meet Joseph winter of 2010 / the beginning of 2011. At the time I had just graduated and was struggling on living in the real world and becoming an adult aka  I was a waitress that got paid just enough to pay bills. Joseph and his friends used to come to my work every weekend (come to find out by Joseph's request) I used to call them my favorite customers. I won't ever forget the first time Joseph actually spoke to me. I asked all of their names, and when I got to Joseph he was so shy and quiet I couldn't understand him. We went back and forth with the what's your name? Joseph what? Joseph what? until his friend Lauren stepped in and said his name was Joe. If you know Joe now you know that quiet is not him. Which is why in hindsight, this memory has become unforgettable. 
He was there almost every Friday and Saturday. Either with a group of friends or just one, whoever he could convince to go with him. He would talk to me when he could about anything until one day he got to courage to walk right up to me and asked for my number with no hesitation and confidence. Like I previously mentioned I wasn't interested in dating but I was so impressed by his confidence how could I say no? That night I meet my friend at a bar where another friend was bar-tending. I told them how ridiculous I felt for giving him my number because he was only 18 and I was 21. I didn't want anything to do with someone that young. 
 But we ended up texting and talking on the phone late at night everyday. I starting realizing how awesome Joseph was way before we started dating. Us hanging out getting to know each other went on for a few months. I didn't want a boyfriend and he knew it. But he was persistent. I was going through some things. But he was persistent. When he would ask if I would be his girlfriend Id always replay no. But he was persistent. Even if I pushed away he was still there. It didn't matter what I was going through or my problems or even my past he was there. To be my friend or my boyfriend.

  Finally I realized how dumb I was being. I found someone I enjoyed spending all my time with and who was there no matter what. I realized how awful it would be if he disappeared from my life. I liked him so much even if I didn't want to admit it. We were practically dating anyways, I was just too stubborn to put a label on it. So one night he stayed over and I told him to ask me one more time. He said " why? you're just going to say no". This time I persisted to ask just one more time. And 3 years ago tomorrow, I finally said yes.

I don't care what happens tomorrow or two years from now. I know that the last three years I wouldn't take back for anything. Every fight or argument has only made us stronger. He has made me better. He let's me know when I'm being ridiculous (sometimes I need that) or when I need to calm down (which I really need) he is so understanding and supportive. He makes me laugh, always, whether I want to or not. And he makes me extremely happy.

  To celebrate our anniversary we will be going to the beach! It's where we spent our 1 year anniversary and it's also the place where we first said I love you. 














I love you Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment