Saturday, May 24, 2014

What I Pack for a Beach Weekend

I don't know about you but I love reading blogs or watching videos on packing. I think because sometimes you'll learn about a product or tip that will help make packing or your trip easier. Also I'm just nosey and I wanna see what's in yo bag. So here's what I packed for our weekend getaway last weekend.



First my Main bag/clothes:

1. That's my other bag that holds me toiletries and makeup and things. 
2. A beach bag. My like my actual purse is kinda large so it's not ideal for laying on the beach. So for me having another bag to carry thing to the beach is a must. 
3. Under garments. I don't need to explain this but an obvious must. 
4. The actual bag I packed my clothes in. Not too small where everything is wrinkled but also not bulky. 
5. Flowy dresses/coverups. Clothes or anything that has multiple uses is very helpful on a trip. It's less things to pack! 
6. Casual/comfy clothes. Since is was a beach trip I wanted to be comfortable and not worry too much about putting myself together. 
7. Bathing suits. Again this is obvious.
8. PJs, I can honestly say there's been times when I've forgot to pack PJs. My mind is always on other things and 'what am I going to sleep in?' always seems to be last. 
9. Shoes. I brought flip flips, sandals, and a pair of shoes to walk in. Practical.

Next is my other bag: 

Inside is my toiletries bag, makeup bag, accessories bag, and a curling iron. 


My toiletries bag

1. Skin care- Though, on vacation your normal routine can get shifted or altered, you still don't want to come home with new blemishes. I packed my LUSH face wash and moisturizer and my moisturizing spray and makeup remover. 
2. Body care- I brought an after sun type lotion since I would be in the sun often, deodorant, and a mini perfume. 
3. Sunscreen- A must! Protect yo skin! I have a high SPF that I put on my tattoos and another one to put on my face for sensitive skin. (There's was more sunscreen there so I didn't need to pack anymore than that.)
4. Eye things- I wear contacts so I couldn't forget my contacts case and a smaller sized contact solution.
5. Tooth brush and tooth paste. This is something I've been known to forget also. Vacation breath isn't a thing, brush your teeth.
6. Hair products- I only brought 3, I didn't want to go crazy (because I could) and pack a lot of hair products. So I brought a wave enhancer to enhance the texture the water gives my hair. I brought my perfect 10 spray because that stuff is amazing and does a lot of things in one instead of packing a lot. It detangles, it's a heat protectant, and makes my hair smell and feel nice. Last I brought a mini hair spray.
7. Hair accessories- I brought my wet brush which is my everyday brush. I brought a round brush and combo for styling. In that gum pack thing is bobby pins, hair clips, and hair ties. Convent right? 

Last but bit least my makeup:

If you know me you know I'm a makeup junkie so I tried my best to keep this as minimal as possible. I packed what I felt like was my must have warm weather makeup. I'm not going to break down everything but just touch on the essentials.

- I packed my regular foundation for going out at night (Loreal Magic Nude liquid powder) and a BB cream (Sample size of Tarte BB cream) for during the day. 
- For eyes I just brought my go to colors/palette, which is the naturals palette from NYX and two colors from Maybeline Color Tattoo line. 
- For lips I brought a few fun spring/summer colors and my everyday nude.
- For my cheeks I brought cheek tints (Benefits benetint and poise tint) and two bronzers (Tartes Park Avenue Princess and Benefits Hula) because I love bronzer especially in the summer. 
  The rest is eyeliners, mascara, eyebrow palette, and brushes. 

And there you have it I'm ready for a weekend getaway. 

I am a girl so I know, stereotypically speaking, I probably pack more than I need to but whatever, it fit into two (not too bulky bags). Not too bad if I say so myself! 

I hope you enjoyed this post and it was possibly helpful. And if you hated it why are you still reading? 



No comments:

Post a Comment