Monday, May 12, 2014

Fear and Loving

Dear Mocha

This week is special because my anniversary is on Thursday. So forgive me if I get mushy. And to avoid that, this post may be short and later in the week talk more about they mushy details. If you care to read. 

Before I met my boyfriend I was guarded. I wanted nothing to do with love or a relationship. It was in a time in my life  where I was dealing with my medical issues (anxiety and what not if you are new to this blog) I pushed a lot of people away and wouldn't keep a guy around long enough to really get to know me. I told myself I was just independent which was true but the reality was I was scared to fall in love again. I was in a long term relationship previously that ended and I didn't want to do it again. Back then I thought the only thing love resulted in was pain. I didn't want to admit it but I was scared of love. But Im here to tell you that was silly. Relationships aren't easy and yes they can result in pain. People are not perfect so no relationship is perfect. But one thing I have learned and know, is love is easy and love is perfect. It's worth having.

I'm not telling you that you need a significant other or you need to go find your next one. But the advice I give you today is to have the courage when it comes along

I am a better person for being with my boyfriend. He is my rock when I need him to be and my calm in my whirlwind of worries. Even if our relationship ever came to an end I know I am better for the love we have and I'm better for opening up my heart. Don't be afraid of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment