Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Faking Real Ramen

Hello! 



Through college, high school, and even today Ramen has been a staple in my pantry. It's quick, yummy, perfect when you're sick or when you're feeling lazy. It's also full of sodium and preservatives that make it not so good for you. So when I can hack ramen or make it better after years of eating it I do. I've never had real Japanese ramen even though I've always wanted to try it. Especially after watching the 2009 film Ramen Girl with Brittany Murphy. (Look it up on Netflix. *It's alright* like it or not you'll want ramen)

So keep in mind I'm a *real* ramen virgin and I'm totally faking it here, but this is how I make real/fake ramen. 

To fake real ramen you'll need the 3 staples: 
  • Some kind of vegetables especially leafy green ones
  • Some kind of meat 
  • Egg


What I used (for two)
2 packs of Ramen I used chicken flavor
1 packet of the Ramen flavoring ( to cut back on all the bad stuff in those things)
Cooked chicken ( I just baked mine with salt and pepper then sliced) 
Soy sauce 
Sesame seed oil 
Cooked Corn
Spinach 
Green onion chopped 
One soft boiled egg 
One hard boiled egg (boyfriend doesn't like soft boiled)
Seaweed 

If you are going to try to follow my recipe remember 1) I'm faking it 2) you have to eat it so make it your own all the ingredients I used are optional. 

First boil your noodles as usual. 

Next if you are cooking two ramen packages use only one seasoning packet, if you are only cooking one then only use half.

Add spinach 


Next add your soy sauce and sesame oil. I'm not going to tell you how much because this is completely preference. I suggest adding a little at a time until you get a taste you are happy with. 

Then put your creation into a bowl. Then simply put your ingredients on top of the noodles. I arranged my vegetables and I cut the eggs on top for a pretty presentation. 


Yum!! Very filling and delicious (and boyfriend approved)! 

There's my real/fake ramen. I have a few ramen hack recipes up my sleeve. I mean it's been years of eating ramen. But if you want to impress someone with your ramen making abilities this one looks the most impressive. Try your own real/fake ramen let me know how it goes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment