Monday, April 28, 2014

Haterade

Dear Mocha 

Have you ever had someone in your life you did not like but had to be cordial? Maybe you had friends in common or it was a coworker. I have a couple people in my life I don't care for. People I wouldn't choose to hang around but due to whatever reason Im in situation where I have to. Im also put in a situation where I have to hold my tongue and put on a nice face. Why? Why not tell them how I really feel and let them have it? In some situations it just not appropriate. In some situations its not worth it. I am also not the type of person to just be mean or rude for the sake of being rude. If I have something that needs to be said don't worry you'll know but just because you rub me the wrong way I don't have a reason to be mean or rude.There's no need to create or stir unnecessary drama. There's no reason to start a feud that makes other friends feel uncomfortable.

How do I do this without being two faced or fake? Its a very thin line. I just try my best to keep my big mouth shut and stay positive. I try to avoid situations that I don't need to be involved in. But I feel like this brings us back to why? and here is the main reason. Its not worth it to be disliked for being mean. Its not worth it to just be the B word. There are plenty of people that are going to dislike you or even hate you. Maybe they will have their reasons but being rude for the sake of being mean shouldn't be one of them. You're better than that. I know you are.

Here are some reasons to be hated or not to be hated:

Be hated for being yourself and refusing to be anyone else.
Be hated for loving what you love regardless of others opinions.
Be hated because you stand up for what you believe in.
Be hated because you refuse to let others tear you down.

Dont be hated for being mean because you can.
Dont be hated for putting people down.
Dont be hated for talking crap.
Dont be hated because given the opportunity you were mean instead of kind or cordial.

No comments:

Post a Comment