Tuesday, April 1, 2014

R-E-S-P-E-C-T part2

Dear Mocha 


Mondays post was about respecting your parents today I want to talk about respecting your friends. A key to any good relationship is respect. In order to keep and have good friends or quality friends respect is important. 

For certain blog post I talk to friends or my boyfriend about the topic. Like I asked my boyfriend why it was important to respect your parents and he gave great feed back. Then I asked him why it's important to respect your friends it ended up in an almost frustrating conversation. He used examples of some of our real life friends and the respect and even lack of respect they get from me or other friends. He had more questions than answers but it really made me think about this topic. Even made me think about the respect I give others. He raised questions about how good a friend is and someone's own idea of what respect is. 

The most important thing I want to convey is if you want quality and longevity out of your friendships it requires respect

You show respect to your friends by accepting them for who they are and their needs and desires. You can respect your friends by respecting their privacy, respecting their aspirations and respecting who they are without trying to change them. I have quite a few friends and even more acquaintances but I have very few good friends and even less best friends. But I can say my best friends are my best friends for numerous reasons but one of the main reasons is we respect each other. 

Love each other and respect each other you may be surprised with the outcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment