Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Winter Sweater Inspired Nails and I Love Nail Art Stylo Review


Just after Christmas I did a Christmas sweater design on my nails. I took pictures so I could share with you how I did them. Here are some pictures I used to get inspiration I got them all from Pinterest. Whenever I do any fun designs on my nais I take to Pinterest first to get ideas and inspiration. Which usually results in inspiration overload/all of these are so much better than I could ever do I give up. But one thing about nail design is most people think it's awesome that you even try, even if they don't look the best, you attempted. So what your left hand looks like a kindergardener did it you tried right? Right? That's my logic anyways.



These are the colors I used. I don't have a brand favorite when it comes to nail polish I just pick based on colors. 

Then I simply painted my nails similar to the inspiration pictures above. Using two to three coats.


First thing I did was use a matte top coat on my ring fingers I got it from Walmart by Hard Candy. I'm in love with it!


Then I started the design on my pinky. I did 5 small hearts. I made these hearts by making two dots with a nail art polish in black 




Then made a V connecting theses two dots

Next I filled in the top area where the dots were to make it look more like a heart. I did kind of like a stippling motion to fill in the heart.


I continue this technique to make two more hearts that are align with the two hearts I made previously. (Finished picture to follow) 

Next I did my pointer finger. I tried to make a snowflake like thing. This first thing I did was paint 1 dot right in the middle. 


Then I made 6 lines coming from that middle point. 

Then at the end of each line made i made two diagonal lines in each direction almost as if I was drawing the end of an arrow. I don't know if that description made sense luckily I took pictures

Since my fingers/nails are so tiny I couldn't do any of the designs shown in the inspiration pictures so I did a dot at the end of each line and in between each line. This wasn't my best work but I got the point across I think..

Next was my middle finger. By the way I don't know if there was any logic in the order I did this. Anyways on my ring finger I tried out this new nail paint pen. I was excited to use this it was cheaper than some similar products and looked easy to use. Since it is indeed a pen there wasn't a techinque to this I just drew something similar to the inspiration pictures.



The color I chose was pearly white and the color ended up not being that pigmented so I went back over what I drew with a white nail art polish. 
Next on the matte black nail (the ring finger) I drew a little moose. Again there wasn't really a technique since it was a pen. 
The pearly white over the matte black I though was cute so I didn't go over it with the white. Once all designs and both hands are done I used Q-tip with nail polish remover to clean up around my nails and applied a top coat. On all the nails except the matte nail so it would stay matte 
Then you are finished with your cute winter nails. 
I think they turned out pretty cute. I loved the neutral colors used for this design I also love that it looks Wintery without being christmasy. 

I love nail Art Stylo Review:
I liked how easy it was to use but I didn't love the color. It was not pigmented enough and you couldnt really build up on it to build the color. You can't really get a thin line but it does make great dots The next day, on the matte nail that I didn't apply a top coat, got messed up. The design partially desappeared. I did not love that at all.

For the most part it served it's purpose if you use top coat over it. I am willing to try another color but with little expectation.

Hope my rambling descriptions helped you in someway. Let me know if you try this or the I love nail art stylo at home! 

Love, 
Mickey 

No comments:

Post a Comment