Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Favorite Skin Care Products and Routine


I did my favorite makeup but I think my favorite skin care products are in order. Skin care is something I've had to teach myself a lot about. I had acene in the middle school and the beginning of high school. I broke out mostly on my forehead and some on my cheeks. I still have break outs from time to time but nothing like my face used to be when I was young. I've tried all kinds of products. I've even tried things like proactive and others like it.

The most important thing to understand first and formost is no ones skin is the same. I spent years trying things people claimed work for them and getting frustrated because it wasn't doing the same for me or fast enough. Not everyone is going to react the same way to the same product. I've learned what has worked for me and now I know what to look for when shopping for skin care products. 

I have what they call combination skin but it tends to get oily more than dry. What I have noticed is my pores clog easily and creates pimples, I am blackhead prone, and I only get oily/dry in specific places. If this sounds like you maybe my suggestions will help! 
When looking for skin care products I always look to make sure it says oil free. For me this is very important especially in moisturizers. 


My nightly face wash:
Alba Botanica - Natural Even Advanced Cleansing Gel
I have been using this for months and I have no intention on switching it's perfect for daily use. It's not too abrasive just leaves you with a good clean feeling that isn't drying. I use it about every night or whenever I need to wash my face really. Having healthy skin is way more important to me than any makeup I could put on my face. I buy it at Target and it's the only place I've found it. The brand is sold other places but this specific fash wash I've only ever found at Target for about $11. 


My must have makeup remover/cleanser:
Simple - Cleansing Facial wipes
This makeup remover is a cleanser as well as a makeup remover it has worked wonderfully for me. On nights when I'm out late or I don't feel great or just in a hurry to get to bed I use this in place of my fash wash. I don't do that often but it works. You can get this at Target or Walmart or most drug stores. 


My daily moisturizer:
Alba Botanica - natural Hawaiian oil free moisturizer
This moisturizer I've been using as long as I've used my face wash. It is of coarse oil free which, for me it is a necessity. It doesn't go on thick or feel like you're wearing a mask when you put it on. (I hate that feeling) I use this every night and sometimes during the day when necessary. This cost more than and average drug store mositerizer but its worth it to me. This moisterizer lasts a long time. A little definetly goes a long way it's not something you have to drown your skin in. You can get this at Target or Walgreens for around $20-$23


My exfoliator:
Clean & Clear - Deep Action Exfoliating scrub
I've used this exfoliator for years. Like I said I am prone to blackheads especially on my nose and chin. I don't recommend using this daily it's a little to harsh on your skin to be used daily. I use this once a week or just when I feel like my skin needs a little more help getting ride of death skin cells. You can get this anywhere from target to Wal-Mart to any drug store.


That's it! I don't like using too much or too many different kinds of products on my face. Once I find something I really like, I stick to it. If it works it works! 

Side note: I just bought the B.Right! Intro kit from Benefit. Benefit cost much more than any of the products I'm currently using but I'm pretty excited to use it. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll write a review on it. 


Hopefully I've been helpful in anyway. If you have any other suggestions let me know! 
If you like or dislike posts like this let me know too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment