Thursday, January 16, 2014

Easy Mini Pies

At work we had a Christmas lunch pot luck type thing before Christmas. I wanted to make something easy but fun so I made mini pies! They are cute and not difficult at all to make! I made half apple and half cherry. I love pie and I love making guilt free pies but for the holidays it's ok to splurge. I definetly did! 




Here's what you'll need: 
Muffin tin (I actually have a cupcake maker that I use for everything) 
A mixing bowl medium or large

For the filling: 
2 Granny Smith apples, cored peeled and cut into small pieces that will fit in a muffin tin
1 tablespoon of all purpose flour 
1/2 cup of sugar 
1 teaspoon of cinnamon 
I didn't make my own cherry filling for time purposes. I just used can filling.


For the crust I bought 2 packages of pre made pie crust, it made things a lot easier.


First mix all the ingredience for the apple filling together, simple enough right? Then I cut the circles in the pie crust and pieces for the lattice. I washed the bottom of cans for a template. 




Then place the circles you cut out into your muffin pan and fill with the apples or cherries. I did a lattice pattern with small cut strips of the crust. I also took a smaller can and cut smaller circles with an X in the middle to place on top of the pies (The rotel can I used was the perfect size for a pie top) And I also tried to cut an apple shape but I only did that twice because it didn't really turn out how I wanted it to. 

The apple filling was quick and easy to bake, the cherry however expands and made a bit of a mess it took some trial and error to figure out the best amout to fill. I found that just three or four cherries in the middle worked best.




These pictures aren't all that great I kinda decided half way that I should take pictures so I can blog it. And though I used a cupcake maker, a muffin tin will work just fine but keep an eye on those cherry pies. 

There you have it, my first food post yay! I'll get better at doing this and taking better pictures and get better at remembering I have somewhere to share my recipes. I hope you liked it and maybe you'll make some mini pies yourself! 

Love, 
Mickey 

No comments:

Post a Comment