Monday, February 17, 2014

My Grandpas Advice and Staying Positive



Controlling my anger is something I've learned to do and have talked about in a previous post. But I think a much harder task is learning to stay calm and positive in a negative situation. Lately I've had problems at work. Without going into detail it's been difficult to not blow up on someone and really inappropriately give certain people a piece of my mind.

Though I am thoroughly getting irritated by work and want to scream I have to remember the positives, if anything, to stay sane and grateful for what I do have. Trust me it's difficult but it's the best way to get out of a crap situation and be the bigger person. Life is too short to stay unhappy.

So what I do is think of the positives. Like in my situation, I am fed up but at least I have a job. There are so many people struggling to get by but I have a job that provides me with not only what I need but also at times what I want. And yea I might be irritated but it could be so much worse. No matter what the situation is it could always be worse.

Once when I was just a kid I was at a mall with my grandfather. We were people watching and saw a kid who was the around same age as me in a wheelchair was being pushed by his mother trying to get through the mall crowd. My grandfather looked at me and said the minute you think you have it bad and your life is tough you need to think again. That memory and that bit of advice has stuck with me for years. Whenever I'm in a place where I'm angry with how things are going or I feel like I'm in a rut I remember my grandpa and what he told me that day. I remember that I have the ability to walk and talk and take care of myself. I remember that I have a roof over my head and a supportive family. 

I'm not telling you to go through life not striving for something better. I'm telling you to not dwell on the negatives and the things that make you angry. I'm telling you to remember it could be worse, pick yourself up and keep moving forward. 




On to bigger and better things 






No comments:

Post a Comment