Friday, February 7, 2014

DIY Lip Exfoliating Scrub


Cold weather = chapped lips and chapped lips = pain in the butt! I found a lot of DIY lip scrubs but I think this worked best for me. I like simple, there were a lot author food coloring and oils and a whole bunch of stuff that seems a little uncessicary to me. This simple DIY worked beautifully for me. It's perfect if you want to wear a matte lip without all the dryed chapped lips or if your lips simply need some. My boyfriend even used this to rid some if the dry skin on his lips! 

Here is what you'll need:
A spoon full of sugar 
A spoon full of coconut oil 
A few drops of honey 
A container to keep it in 


You can more or less of this just make sure there are equal parts sugar and coconut oil. The container is a container for a moisturizer I didn't really like so I emptied it and washed it out. 

First pour in your spoon full if sugar to help the medicine to go down. Nope. Pour your spoon full of sugar in your container. The sugar will help exfoliate your lips. 
And then your spoon full of coconut oil. This coconut oil from Trader Joes. Coconut oil has so many uses, I love using it in my hair. It feels really moisturizing on your lips too!
Then you'll want to mix then together with whatever you have that will fix in your container to mix around. I just used a plastic knife. 
When it looks it doesn't look that gritty when you mix it together but it trust me. Next you'll add your honey. 
And mix again until everything is thourghly combined. It will look a little something like this. 
Ok to show you here is my lips before
Gross I know. This picture doesn't do it justice to how dry my lips were.

So to apply I just used my finger and rubbed it in. I keeped adding more as I rubbed it in because my lips were extremely dry. 
Here are my smooth and moisturized lips after.
So much better! I use this every night and it took two exfoliating sessions for my lips to feel like they were back to normal.

One last but important last step. After you exfoliate apply some kind if chapstick. Since I I used this at night I used one of my two night night lip products. 

The CO Bogelow is my favorite. Your lips still feel moisturized in the morning. I got it from bath and body works a while long time ago. I'm not sure where else you can purchase this of anything from that company really.

So there you have it such a simple DIY and works wonders! 


No comments:

Post a Comment