Monday, February 10, 2014

I Love You

Dear Mocha


Valentines day is this Friday and either you're excited or dreading it. That seems like that's the consensus at least. When I was younger and single valentines day left a bitter taste in my mouth. Mostly because I dwelled on being single, but now that I'm older I've realized there isn't a need to be so bitter. Valentines day has been made into a day based around roses, heart shaped everything, spending more money than is necessary, and not to mention for couples only. This does not have to be what your valentines day is about. 

First of all your Valentines should be about love and celebrating it regardless if you're in a relationship. Why? Because love is great. Love is perfect. It's humans that are imperfect. Which is ok but you can't be afraid of love and you should definitely celebrate it.

You have friends in your life that I'm sure you love. Show them your appreciation and love for them. I don't mean with a box of chocolates and flowers.. I mean unless you want. And if you're that friendly send the chocolates this way. Also, your family, I'm sure you love them too and that should be celebrated. The fact that you have people in your life that you love and love you too should be celebrated! 

Most importantly love yourself. Some days doing that is very difficult. It's all too easy to dwell on your mistakes or insecurities. But you are awesome. I mean you're reading this blog so in my opinion you're amazing. If nothing else this valentines just try to remember to love yourself. You are worth loving. 

There's plenty of ways to celebrate Valentines Day with or without a boyfriend or girlfriend (don't worry that will be another post). And that doesn't mean some grand plans, it could be simple or just another day with a simple reminder to love yourself. At minimum don't spend your Valentines Day being sour and down and depressing. I find it so annoying, no one likes to hear or read about people whining. If anything all the whiners should get together on valentines day and celebrate their lack of concern for love or join a fight club. I'm just kidding don't do that. There are so many things and people in this world to be thankful for. It's a waste of a day and energy to spend it pouting about your lack of a relationship. It's a day to celebrate love, whatever love you have in your life. I mean if you're reading this I love you! And I'm happy to celebrate that. So when Friday comes around celebrate the love you are blessed to have in your life whether it's friends or family or a special someone. Love your friends Love your family Love yourself.


And don't forget I love you! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment