Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Ipsy Bag

I got my March Ipsy bag! I'm happy about this one! 


It came in a floral bag which I love anything floral. Much better than last months bag!

Sample size: Pūr-lisse - pūr-delicate gentle soymilk cleanser and makeup remover.
Sample size: Leeani Eco - 3 in 1 revolution light (moisturizer
Full size-ish: Pixi by Petra - Mesmerizing Mineral duo in Apricot Glow
Full size: NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lipstick in Little Susie
Full size: Crown Brush - infinity shadow/crease duet brush 

   Ok let's start with the only thing I did not like from this months bag. The moisturizer. I wouldn't describe my skin as sensitive but when it comes to moisturizers, for whatever reason, my skin is really sensitive. This moisturizer like most moisturizers made my face turn red and made the uneven parts of my complexion more noticeable. This is something that happens from time to time with moisturizers and my skin, so I wasn't surprised. 
   The face wash/makeup remover was fine. It worked and removed my makeup. Nothing fabulous but did its job. Ill use it until its done but it didn't give me and further interest in the brand of product.
   On to the really good stuff. I have two other NYX butter lipsticks so I was excited to see I was getting another one. I love how these lipsticks feel. They don't have great longevity but it feels more like a chapstick than a lipstick, so I'm ok with that. I love the color I got, it's very spring. I can see myself wearing this often this season. Not to mention Essie Button from youtube (channel here) used the color I got in her recent 'No Makeup' tutorial video. I love her videos and her blog (found here)
  I'm am loving the eyeshadow duo. The lighter shade is a perfect everyday color. Both colors are so pretty on. 
  Last but not least the brush. I am in looove with this brush. Both ends are fantastic. One end is a great eyeshadow brush staple. It's wide and dense great for all over application or crease. The other end is my favorite. It's like a combination of a small angled brush and a pencil brush. So great, not to mention awesome quality. 

Here is the look I put together. I went for a simple bronzey spring look. 


Other than the moisturizer I loved this months bag! If you are thinking about getting monthly Ipsy bags let me know! If you already do let me know your thoughts on your bag. 

If you want to see someone else use some of these products (and coincidentally did a very similar makeup look) and who usually does a makeup look once month with Ipsy products check out Ingrid Nilsen!




No comments:

Post a Comment