Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Years Resolutions and Reflections



I started this blog Janurary first of 2014. And my third post ever was on New Years resolutions. You can find a link to that post here. Let's take a look back on those resolutions and see how I did shall we? 

Lead a healthier lifestyle. About half way through the year yes absolutely. I was eating healthier and working out then it started to go down hill. I picked up hooping to stay active but that was as far as I got. I'm still addicted to french fries and hooping like once a week now is all I got. I need to fix that and hoop more! 

Paint more. Definite big fat fail. I didn't paint at all. I did however do more creative things. I opened an Etsy shop for heaven sake! So I'm still happy about how much effort I've put it to being craftier and more creative, even if I didn't paint. 

Purge Negativity. I feel like this has taken all year for me to actually accomplish. It wasn't until the end of this year were I felt like the really negative people in my life where out of it. And it took a huge career change or lack thereof to really see it wasn't happy with where my life was going. 

Last was, Keep up with this blog. For half of the year I did great I wrote a post every Monday and usually a post sometimes two during the week. Then toward the end of the year I stopped writing at all. I'm so disappointed in myself for letting this blog take the back burner. That will change. More on that later though.
 
Ok whew. That was full of good realizations and disappointments on to this years new News Years Resoltuions. 

Continue to do things that make me happy. I've been enjoying being creative with makeup and my etsy and everything else that I want to keep this momentum going. I can do this. It takes dedication but dedication I'm willing to put in. I think once lost my job and realized I didn't have anyone to please I started concentrating on making myself happy. I need to not forget that. 

Hoop more. Not just hoop more but be a healthier and fitter me so my hooping improves. It was just a thing I picked up to be active and now it's more than just a thing I picked up its a stress release. When I'm feeling out of inspiration or down or stressed, in my circle everything keeps going and flowing. I love that. 

Last but not least keep up with this blog and expand this blog. It's been a year. A year that could have gone better in terms of this blog. I want to keep writing. I started this blog for a reason. A good reason. I want to make more videos, make more in general and write to you more often. Check out my letter to Mocha on tomorrow's post for more on that. 

To you, you lovely reader you, make 2015 your best year yet. I'll try to do the same. 




No comments:

Post a Comment