Sunday, February 1, 2015

Winter Skin Care Routine


It's been awhile since posted about my skin care routine. And it has definetly changed since then. The biggest changes has come with cold weather. I have learned that my skin tends to break out more when it's dry. So I've made some adjustments to my skincare this winter.

I'm going to talk mostly about my nightly routine because that's where I put in the most effort when it comes to my skin. 

To take off my makeup I have been using LUSH's Ultrabland. I am so in love with this as a nightly cleanser and makeup remover. It breaks down my makeup more so than any makeup remover I have ever used. It has 20% rose water in it which is just an all around favorite lately. 

Buy it here!

After I cleanse and remove my makeup I use Joise Maran 100% pure agran oil light. I am in LOVE with this stuff! I have seen such an improvement on my skin since I started using it. I was so hesitant to use an oil on my skin thinking it would just make the oily parts of my skin oiler but I promise you it has not. I've replaced my regular moisturizer for this one (at night at least). You can use it on your face, split ends, cuticles, or any dry spot on your skin. It really is awesome. It's a bit pricey. I currently have the "to-go" size which is $16 but the regular size is $48 but since you don't need that much everytime you use it. It's definetly worth it. 

Buy it here!

Last step lips. My lip routine hasn't changed. I still use my homemade lip scrub with coconut oil when needed. Link for that recipe can be found here. And my favorite night balm is called My Favorite Night Balm by CO Bigelow. 

Buy it here!

That is it that is how I protect my mug in the cold winter months when my skin, in my opinion, is at its worst. Remember the first step to any great makeup look starts with skincare. Stay warm! 




No comments:

Post a Comment