Monday, July 14, 2014

Hey I'm Still Here

Well I took a week break. Sorry. Kinda unannounced break I didnt even know I was taking a break. But I'm still here! 

    I've been doing a lot of thinking about my future and my past really. A long time ago I was full of ambition for the future. Through time and a beaten path, the reality of life and my own faults I lost that ambition. 

    I wanted to create things. It didn't matter what I was creating a beautiful building or room, an art piece or even a pretty face, I wanted to create. I wanted to do something that took creativity and left you with a finished product to be admired or even hated. I wanted to make people feel something anything with whatever I did. After obtaining bills and endless job searches my ambition dissolved. I did little things and projects to fill the empty void where my ambition and desire to create used to live. Now I find myself in what feels like a stand still in my life. I wanted to believe that it's a time to find that direction I wanted to walk down years ago. But alas in endless job searches with potential to be that direction results in responses with 'You're great but..' financial needs trumps ambition. At least in this time I've gotten a chance to reacquaint myself with that ambitious girl I used to be. I've even started drawing again. I know I'll find my way. I hope you know that you will too. Life has a great way of getting in the way. Your dreams and ambitions aren't silly. Keep your head up and I'll keep mine up. 

Even if my ambition faded my optimism and willingness to try is still here. I'm still here. I will create. 

Below is a sketch I found in an old sketch book that ambitious girl drew years ago. It's like she's trying to tell me something...
to be reached



No comments:

Post a Comment