Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Climbing Mountains

Dear Mocha, 

A few days ago I climbed up a mountain. A few days ago I barfed up a mountain.

I realized a couple things while feeling like I couldn't walk anymore without fainting or barfing on myself. Which is what I want to write about today. But let's start from the beginning.

One of our friends has a friend visiting from Brazil. Which Id I think I can say I made a new friend who is visiting from Brazil. We've been taking him around letting him enjoy America from fast food and ranch dressing to night life and natural wonders. So we wanted to go to Sliding Rock in North Carolina but it's closed when it rains. So we decieded on Chimney Rock. Why? I'm really not sure but I'm glad we did. 
Chimney Rock at it's highest point is 2,480 ft. To get to that highest point you have to climb 1,649 stairs. When starting this treck up hill I was already slightly dehydrated and not at my healthiest I guess you could say due to the previous nights activities. So half way up I started to feel awful. I couldn't catch my breath and my heart was racing. If you read this blog you know I have anxiety so of coarse that kicked in also. With a splendid (this is sarcasm) result of puking down a mountain side. I was dizzy and weak and I felt like I couldn't go on at all. I felt bad I was holding back my friends and embarrassed that I was pukeing and ready to quit. But my friends and my boyfriend stood by my side and said to take my time and let it go. Eventually I was able to slowly make it the rest of the way. Which, I have to say, was absolutely worth it. 
It made me realize that this whole thing is similar to any challenged you face in life. Like any mountain you have to climb in your life, figuratively speaking, there will be times when you feel like you just won't make it. While puking and trying to regain my strength I could see the top. I could see how much more I had to climb. Feeling embarrassed and awful I felt like there was no way. I thought to myself "good try but you should stop now". But with my supportive friends wouldn't let me they made me feel like I absolutely could. And I did. There will be times when climbing your own mountains when you feel like there is no way I can do this. But when you have good honest supportive people in your life and your own will, you can absolutely do this. 

Good luck climbing your mountains. Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment