Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Be Unapologetically You

Dear Mocha,

Last week one day late, this week two days. Ugh I know.


I was reminded a couple days ago how often when I was younger I would try to be someone I'm not. I think most people go through this one time or another in their life especially in high school or maybe in college while you're trying to figure yourself out. Or maybe you just have someone in your life you want to impress and you abandon who you are to be who you think they would like you to be, it's happened to the best of us. Watch any high school drama type movie you'll know what I'm talking about {hello Breakfast Club}. You create this facade of who you'd like to be seen as. As I've gotten older experiences and people have left an impact on me to help mold my opinions and ideas. Who I am hasn't changed and it's who I'll always be. And I realize how silly I was to try to be someone I'm not. 

My advice to you is to be unapologetically you. Even if you don't see it now the person you are is awesome. If there is anyone in your life who makes you feel like you aren't good enough or cool enough, one day you'll realize you don't need them. Because anyone who makes you feel like who you are is lesser than anyone else, doesn't deserve to be in your life. Don't try to change who you are to fit in or impress anyone. I can confidently say I'm much happier being me than trying to be anyone else. 



Ps. New video will go up sometime this week! :) 



2 comments:

  1. Love this!

    Runt
    runtspickins@yahoo.com
    www.runtspickins.wordpress.com
    (If responding, please email or comment a blog post of mine.)

    ReplyDelete