Sunday, November 16, 2014

What's up?

DISCLAIMER: I have a bunch of new friends on social media and if you dont know what this is about click here for and explanation.


   So it's been a few months hasn't it? What have I been up to? What have you been up to? Oh really? Well let me catch you up on going on over here. 

Let's be real and say what I was avoiding saying since June. I was laid off. Whew. Since being laid off I've felt I've lost direction, and with a loss of direction, I've had a loss of inspiration to write. I thought I would have all this time to write and it's been the opposite. I've been an anxious stress ball and the want to write about anything other than how much I want to cry has escaped me. So let's catch you up on what I have been doing. 



- We moved! Literally 5 minutes or less down the road but to a bigger apartment.  I love this apartment. 


- Makeup. I have been super into makeup, costume and aesthetic. 
I've felt like I should see getting laid off as a new start and do something I really want to do. So the last few months have been a discovery on what that is. Is that makeup? I dont know but I love doing makeup. I love experimenting and trying new techniques. I looooving making people look beautiful but more importantly I love making people feel beautiful. 


- Also I've been hooping. I've been hooping for 6 months now! Whoa! 


- I did get a seasonal job at Scarowinds doing costuming. For those of you who don't know Scarowinds is a haunt at the amusement park here. I actually, brace yourself, enjoyed this job. Like actually. Weird right enjoying work? Ha ha who does that!? 
It's truly been a great experience. It's reminded me that it is possible to find a job you don't hate. And it's possible work being creative. I was surrounded by people I not only respected personally but creatively also. It was great to feel like what I want out of life is possible. 

- I've also gone to the Renaissance Festival twice. It was fun as always. 


I even made a little Ren fest vlog! You can find it here.



All in all it hasn't been terrible. I've been good at hiding how stressed I am about not having a real steady income. I feel like my next move and my next job or break through is right at my finger tips I just need to keep reaching. 
As for this blog. I truly am sorry I have been MIA. And to Mocha I made this for you and I am sorry I haven't been posting. I don't know that I will keep up with every Monday posts like I used to. But I will keep posting. I might do like end of the week, what I've been up to if I don't post anything. I'll probably do more beauty stuff since it's easier to be inspired that way then life advice. But I'm still here. I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment