Monday, March 24, 2014

Choosing your friends.

Dear Mocha, 


Over the weekend I was confronted with several situations about friendship that got my thinking. Not only in situations that other people opened up to me but also in my own life. I have done a post about friendship before and this post is like a branch from that. Last time I talked about how friends can influence your life in negative and positive ways. This time I want to talk more about letting go of those friends who are not conducive to a happy life. When thinking about the people in my life and the things that were brought to my attention a quote from Amy Poehler came to mind, well honestly a few came to mind but we will focus on this one. 


"Only hang around people that are positive and make you feel good. Anybody who doesn't make you feel good, kick them to the curb. And the earlier you start in your life the better.  The minute anyone makes you feel weird and non-included or not supported, you know, either beat it or tell them to beat it."
- Amy Poehler 

Well said BFF in my head. She has a point, a good point. If there are people in your life who are not positive and supportive maybe you should consider the idea of them not being in your life. I've had similar conversations about this before on many different occasions. Im not a fan of saying 'hey get out of my life you're negative and I have no room for you'. I know plenty of people that would be 100 percent ok with saying that. However, I know I could never because I couldn't intentionally hurt someone like that. Maybe that's what some people need to hear!  However you want to handle it, one thing is for sure.. Now listen closely or read closely I should say. Life is too short to live your life surrounded by negative people who only bring you down. Surround yourself with people who are positive and supportive. Surround yourself with people who you can discuss your ideas and dreams and will support them. Most importantly surround yourself with people who make you happy. If they don't then as Amy a Poehler said "kick then to the curb"

You are lovely and you deserve to be happy. And someone who doesn't make you happy isn't a friend. Don't you forget that. 


Below is the Link the the other post about friendship if you are interested
http://ahteablog.blogspot.com/2014/01/friends-for-better.html





No comments:

Post a Comment